• We will be performing necessary maintenance on the forum and related hardware from Satuday 25th of September onward. Users might experience some downtime, which we will ensure that it is limited - if at all noticeable.

The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

dancinstallion

Nah. They are handing it out like candy. It was bound to run low.

and people who didn’t get the vaccination magically are ok with getting this new man made treatment when they get scared,

But the article states that the government is limiting supplies not that the treatment is running low. The article says the drug is massed produced. So the companies can keep mass producing it. If this treatment is keeping people from being hospitalized then why limit it? Isn't that the same thing the vaccine is doing?

Some people are ok with getting it and some people are not but the option should still be available. My patient wasn't ok with taking it and has suffered the consequences.

Last edited:

Leeda.the.Paladin

But the article states that the government is limiting supplies not that the treatment is running low. The article says the drug is massed produced. So the companies can keep mass producing it. If this treatment is keeping people from being hospitalized then why limit it? Isn't that the same thing the vaccine is doing?

Some people are ok with getting it and some people are not bit thr option should still be available. My patient wasn't ok with taking it and has suffered the consequences.

We’ve seen a significant increase in demand from the community,” said Dr. Jeffrey Akers, the CEO of Pharmaceutical Services at Appalachian Regional Health. “And we’ve stepped up our efforts to provide the monoclonal antibodies as well.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Supply is holding steady for ARH, but rationing is preventing them from expanding services.

”We gave, last week, almost 600 doses,” he said. “So that’s definitely a new record for us. If that trend were to continue then yeah we would definitely not be able to meet that demand based on limited supply.”

ARH hospitals are just some of the locations for monoclonal antibodies in Eastern Kentucky. Baptist Health Corbin is another, and they are facing supply problems as well according to Josh Bowling, the Pharmacy Manager. They even ran out Monday night, and not for the first time.

”This is actually the second time we have temporarily run out of run out of supply,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

They were able to get a shipment the next day, but officials say things will remain inconsistent as long as demand is high and supply low.

Leeda.the.Paladin

The vaccine was mass produced too and there was still a shortage. Mass produced doesn’t mean that something will just be infinitely available no matter the demand.

MaB does work. But it’s provides more passive immunity response (from past information about them) than sustained immunity. Or if someone has some information that counters that, I’d love to read it.

Im just so confused about why people won’t take the vaccine but will run to this treatment. If the vaccine were being limited, then we’d see people crying about it all of a sudden. its Just all crazy

dancinstallion

The vaccine was mass produced too and there was still a shortage. Mass produced doesn’t mean that something will just be infinitely available no matter the demand.

MaB does work. But it’s provides more passive immunity response (from past information about them) than sustained immunity. Or if someone has some information that counters that, I’d love to read it.

Im just so confused about why people won’t take the vaccine but will run to this treatment. If the vaccine were being limited, then we’d see people crying about it all of a sudden. its Just all crazy

Don't be confused because it doesn't really matter why people are taking this treatment over the vaccine. Their reasoning is theirs and it may or may not be logical.

It is a good thing that they are taking something and not being hospitalized or dying from covid. It is better, that they choose this option than nothing at all, or trying to ride covid out and end up hospitalized, dying or with long covid.

The companies said they ran out of a treatments for one day and was able to fill the order the next day. The company said it was a temporary shortage. like everything else that has a high demand.

Demand for MaB has been pretty high and they are keeping up with it. Of course nothing is infinitely supplied or available. But it shouldn't be limited if they are able to produce more to keep up with demand.
If the demand increases more than what can be supplied then some people just won't be able to get it, period. End of story until it comes back in stock. These people are taking a risk any way because the vaccine is not an option they want or else they would have taken it already.

Kanky

Was this nurse hiding in the bushes and jumping out to vaccinate unsuspecting passersby? Did she sneak into the house and vaccinate his wife while she was in the shower? Because that’s about the only way this man’s actions make any kind of sense.

Actually they need to start “surprise vaccinating” some of these Trump folks. Maybe have the nurse disguised as the Chik-Fil-A drive through person and jab them when they try to get a chicken sandwich.

naturalgyrl5199

Someone predicted this upthread. I'm already seeing it locally.

Yep...
Here you go:
They still have a right to not be vaccinated. They just have to find a job that doesn't require it.

INSTALAWYERS were fighting online last week talmbout "they gone sue."

Okay.
And please don't worry about a nursing and health care worker shortage. If you are following my hiring woes post in the Career section, you'll see I discuss that they've been pulling RNs from the Philippines here in FL for the better part of a year. Ain't gone be no shortage. Keep playing games.
Thats why when ppl say the vaccine mandates in Healthcare would cause shortages....I knew they would find a workaround. :(

I feel like Education is going this way as well.