• We will be performing necessary maintenance on the forum and related hardware from Satuday 25th of September onward. Users might experience some downtime, which we will ensure that it is limited - if at all noticeable.

sulfur challenge, 2011 edition

LadyMacgyver

Count me in.. I had a recipe somewhere for a cream base instead of oil.. I think I will try that just need to locate that recipe.. I had my sulfur for about 2 months now and haven't used it yet..

Carisa

I want in 2!

Starting Length: between sl and apl
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: mbl by october
Regimen: braids, wigs, cowashing weekily, dc 1x/month
Method of Sulfur Application: mixing sulfur with coconut, castor, olive, rosemary and peppermint oils
Other Growth Aids: miconazole

PureSilver

Count me in plz plz plz. My first challenge in 2yrs. I'm a natural and my 1yr mark will be on my b/day April 2011. I'm excited about this challenge.

Starting Length: NL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: Full SL +
Regimen: Wash 1x per wk, DC once every mth, i'll be in weaves & or wigs all year round and i don't know how to DC in a weave.
Method of Sulfur Application: Sulphur powder in MTek
Other Growth Aids:Chlorella & Spirulina, other sulphur mix

ETA: I'll be mixing MTEK, sublimed sulphur, peppermint oil and if i can grab hold of some JoJoba oil. Right now i'm using a mix of MTek with peppermint and olive oil, it give me crazy itches and tingles, sometimes i feel things running up and down on my scalp:lachen::lachen:. IDK i'm probably getting crazy:grin:

HHJ to everyone. LETS DO THIS!!

Last edited:

MyTie

Please add me. I already decided to add sulfur to my growing methods for next year. I bc'd in July of this year and is eager to grow my hair out again.

Starting Length: CBL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: APL+
Regimen: Trying to work that out
Method of Sulfur Application: Sublimed sulfur mixed with extra virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and grapeseed oil.
Other Growth Aids: Vitamins, exercise, healthy diet

esi.adokowa

i would love to be a part of this..... if it will help resolve my CHRONIC PERSISTENT
CHRONIC PERSISTENT CHRONIC PERSISTENT......CHRONIC PERSISTENT!!!:ohwell: itchy scalp!!! :cry:

where (for those who add sulfur to their own scalp oil mix) do you you purchase your pure sulfur????

I just called the pharmacy in my local grocery and asked for pure sulfur.
I picked it up this morning.
I got 100 grams (about 3.5 ounces) for 2.86$ CDN.

can ppl join anytime? because i do wanna try this next year, but in the spring because i'm gonna have a weave in from january thru march, and idk if wanna do it with the weave in.

Everyone is welcome anytime!
Drop in/out as needed.

bride91501

Starting Length: SL/grazing CBL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: BSB
Regimen: Apply sulfur mix every other day (1 teaspoon sulfur with 4oz various oils); CW 1-2x per week; M&S daily; DC 1x week; cornrows under wigs for the winter using Lady Ps DMM-take down every 4 weeks. Poo, Light PT & henna 1x month at take down.
Other Growth Aids: Multi-vitamin daily; workout 5x per week

ETA: I revised my sulfur oil mix & replaced my starting pic with my late December 2010 updated photos.

Attachments

• December 2010 LC FI.jpg
    December 2010 LC FI.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 53
  • Dec 2010 CBL.jpg
    Dec 2010 CBL.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

13StepsAhead

Ok, I’ll join I have been using my sulfur mix for about a month now so I’ll join for 2011.
I’ll try to post pics sometime in December
Starting Length: SL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: BSL
Regimen: Apply mix 3-5x weekly; Co-Wash DC 1x week (will change in the warmer months), Shampoo 1x month, moisturize daily and hiding under my wig until I have enough hair to make a decent size bun.
Method of Sulfur Application: Currently mixing Sulfur, JBCO, almond oil, and a few drops of peppermint oil in an applicator bottle and applying to my scalp 3-5x wk
Other Growth Aids: none

ETA Starting Pic:

Last edited:

Carrie A

Question- How many parts in the scalp is everyone making and how many drops do you apply to each part?

Last edited:

futurelonglocks

Count me in! This is my first challenge. I just BC'd in September.

Starting Length: Neck length

Projected/Goal Length for December 2011:APL

Regimen: co-wash 2-3 times a week. Protective style:twists. Shampoo hair once a month. Deep condition with steamer twice per week for 20 mins. Apply sulfur mix 3 times a week.

Method of Sulfur Application: 1 tsp of sublime sulfur powder in wild growth light oil.

Other Growth Aids: Not sure just yet.

IWantCurlyHair

Joining

Starting Length: neck length

Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: APL

Regimen: Wash, DC, blow dry, and sometimes flat-iron once per week

Method of Sulfur Application: Currently Im oiling my scalp with Sulfur 8 twice a week. Ill probably start taking MSM tablets soon and incorporate other forms of sulfur once I run out of Sulfur 8

Other Growth Aids: Hairfinity Vitamins

Last edited:

Rossy2010

Pls count me in I just ordered some sublimed sulfur and I should have it be mid dec.
Regimen: DCing 2 times a week; Applying my sulfur home made mix 3-4 times a week; cornrows, braids or french braids PSing when i reach shoulder length i will be mostly in buns
Method of Sulfur Application: Sublimed sulfur +EVCO+JBCO, Emu and some pepper mint oil.
Other Growth Aids: MSM, Biotin and Silica exercise and water water water :)

Last edited:

Carrie A

I'm thinking of adding 1 heaped tsp of sublimed sulphur into a 2oz applicator bottle full of megatek, i might add some jojoba oil to that.

I just edited my question :grin:. That's a hair board for ya. I meant how many parts in the scalp.
I'm trying to get an idea of exactly how much oil folks are applying to the scalp.

Chameleonchick

I'm still going to be hiding my hair next year too. So this fits perfectly.
Starting Length: SL
Regimen: braid, wig or twist it up all year long.
Method of Sulfur Application: apply to scalp at least every other day and night
Other Growth Aids: nothing really just my usual supplements for working out.

beauti

I just edited my question :grin:. That's a hair board for ya. I meant how many parts in the scalp.
I'm trying to get an idea of exactly how much oil folks are applying to the scalp.
i part my hair in four sections,then part each section (maybe 2in parts) while oiling ....then i massage my hair for like a minute...hth

LadyMacgyver

I'm thinking of adding 1 heaped tsp of sublimed sulphur into a 2oz applicator bottle full of megatek, i might add some jojoba oil to that.

Not sure about the amount of sulfur.. I remember Claudie telling me to every 8oz of mixture how much sulfur to add.. I have to check my infomation when I get home.. Just don't want you to mix too much sulfur and cause any problems to your scalp..

NikkiQ

Starting Length: SL and proud of it! :lol:
Regimen: Apply sulfur 3x week/Cowash 2x week/Shampoo and DC 1x week
Method of Sulfur Application: still working on it but it's gonna be my own mixture
Other Growth Aids: Biotin and maybe another vitamin. We shall see. still working the kinks out

*will post starting pic Dec. 31st*

Misseyl

I would love to join - I've been wearing box braids since December 2009, I intend to continue wearing braids until December 2011.
Starting Length: short
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: Collar bone
Regimen: Wash every week, condition, alternate between sulfur mixture and Scurl
Method of Sulfur Application: Sulfur mixture - jojoba, peppermint, clove oils mixed with sulfur
Other Growth Aids: Vitamin B and fish oil tablets

PoisedNPolished

I would LOVE to join... this will be perfect with the wig challenge...
STARTING PIC:

Starting Length: Ear Length
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: Shoulder Length
Regimen: Washing 1-2x weekly, Deep conditioning, Moisturize and Seal 2x a day with carrot creme and argan oil.
Method of Sulfur Application: Sulfur 8 (2%) Glovers (5%), Homemade mix of Sulfur Powder and African Royale Oil (7%). I will use a differnt sulfur each week applied nightly.
Other Growth Aids: Biotin 5000mcg, Multivitamin, Relaxer stretch, half and whole wigs. :drunk:

Ok that's all... Let's GET IT!!! I am praying for 6 inches so no set backs!​

Last edited:

Optimus_Prime

I'm back.:cool2:

Okay:
Starting Length: WL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: HL
Regimen:Sulfur oil and massage 5 nights a week, cowash out in the morning.
More protein products in hair after a very risky touch-up/corrective.
Touch ups every 10-12 weeks.
Buns and updos.
I'm trying to figure out how to wear the wigs I bought :look:
Method of Sulfur Application: homemade sulfur mix. 1 heaping teaspoon of powder in 8 oz of oil in an applicator bottle. Any oils I'm trying to use up, so most likely castor and olive.
Other Growth Aids: I visualize: my HL hair, touching my new growth, and my hair actually growing out from my scalp.

Last edited:
I would love to join you ladies and make this my first LHCF hair challenge. I big chopped in October and would love to have my length back plus more by next December. Here are my stats and I will post my starting pic at the official start of the challenge on Dec 31.

Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: APL+
Regimen: I am still working on this since I am just starting my HHJ, so this may change. Currently I co-wash 2-3x a week, shampoo & DC 1x. I plan to apply sulfur mix and scalp massage at least 4x a week. I also plan to do some protective styling with buns, braids, and twists. Also I will practice a low heat regimen with applying heat no more than twice in the year.
Method of Sulfur Application: I will do scalp massages with a homemade sulfur mix that contains sublimed sulfur, EVOO, Jojoba oil, coconut oil, lavender (for smell) and any other oil I have handy. Also I will take orally a MSM capsule.
Other Growth Aids: MSM, Biotin, GNC Active Daily Multivitamin, drink lots of water and exercise.

Good Luck Ladies and Happy Hair Growing!!!:bouncy:

LadyAmani

I wanna join too you guys! lol
Starting Length: APL layers
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: Full BSL
Regimen: Cowash almost everyday, deep condition once a week, henna every two weeks, moisturize and seal everyday.
Method of Sulfur Application: 1 tsp sulfur in 8 oz of oil JBCO, jojoba, avocado,rosemary and peppermint. apply sulfur and baggy every night.
Other Growth Aids: I think im going to try the Nu-Gro Spray.

AdoreMsK67

Hi Everyone!

Can you please add me..I'd love to do this challenge. My bee mine is in the mail and plan on geting the sublimed Sulfur powder in a couple of weeks. I'm the weave it up challenge and that will be ending when this one starts. My stats are just estimates and will post my starting picture @ the end of December after my weave is out.

Starting Length: I better be at least APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2011: BSB
Regimen: Not real sure, but will update
Method of Sulfur Application: Bee Mine and Sublime Sulfur
Other Growth Aids: Ovations

LadyMacgyver

The ratio is 2 tsp of sulfur to 8 ounces of whatever ingredients you choose to mix. Hope this helps if someone was unsure of how much sulfur to mix

Imani

Starting Length:Layered NL
Regimen: EVOO prepoo, shampoo (sulfate free), steam DC, twist/plait. Wear half wigs. Flat iron at salon about every 4 months or so.
Method of Sulfur Application: Bee Mine Serum
Other Growth Aids: I take a multivitamin and biotin. Also try to drink a lot of water, exercise, and eat enough protein (esp eggs, I don't know if it aids in growth, but I've read eggs are good for your hair; I usually eat one whole egg mixed w/1 or 2 whites several times a week).

Last edited: