• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

Relaxed Hair Thread

lorr1e1

If you know that you do not put relaxers on "wet hair or air dried hair" which is what she asked, then why ask the question?

I made the stupid mistake as a young teenager not knowing much about relaxers. By washing their hair the previous day, the next day the salon advised against it but I was stubborn and was made to sign a disclaimer, guess what I burned my scalp badly I can still feel one of the lesions on the nape of my neck.

I have been relaxing mine since I was 15 either at salon, cousin who trained as a hair dresser or 10 years myself. I'm in my 40's. We all know you don't relax wet hair and must be completely dry, scalp undisturbed preferably for one week before relaxing.

Your hair and scalp changes as you get older. I'm fortunate with my last few self relaxers 2 years ago that I haven't burned at all by being very careful. Yet my relaxer done by salon 3 months ago normally burns go figure. I just hope in my next self-lax, likely next week will once again not burn.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
If you know that you do not put relaxers on "wet hair or air dried hair" which is what she asked, then why ask the question?

I made the stupid mistake as a young teenager not knowing much about relaxers. By washing their hair the previous day, the next day the salon advised against it but I was stubborn and was made to sign a disclaimer, guess what I burned my scalp badly I can still feel one of the lesions on the nape of my neck.

I have been relaxing mine since I was 15 either at salon, cousin who trained as a hair dresser or 10 years myself. I'm in my 40's. We all know you don't relax wet hair and must be completely dry, scalp undisturbed preferably for one week before relaxing.

Your hair and scalp changes as you get older. I'm fortunate with my last few self relaxers 2 years ago that I haven't burned at all by being very careful. Yet my relaxer done by salon 3 months ago normally burns go figure. I just hope in my next self-lax, likely next week will once again not burn.
Sis, I just asked what SHE did. That’s it. That’s all. You okay hun?